Software Developer - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Software Developer - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Your Role and Responsibilities
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 4 (co-op) month work term commencing September 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
IBM Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) software is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. This $850 million market continues to grow yearly and is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2022. Work with us and learn what it takes to be the leader in a competitive global software industry. ICM enables organizations to design, manage, and automate the calculation of variable payment for dozens of plans and thousands of employees simultaneously.
As a co-op developer you will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, data scientists, and business professionals. You will be working on ICM: a web application utilizing the React and Redux frameworks that connects to a REST API written in C#.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Working on new features targeted to increase market share, support existing clients to help make them successful and continuously refining the existing platform to meet modern design methodologies.
- Working with talented, knowledge-driven individuals. We are a close-knit team that is eager for new ideas. We embrace sharing our own knowledge and enriching each other's experiences.
- Focusing on client success through creative problem-solving.
- Utilizing and adopting open source technology where appropriate.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Solid understanding of Software Design fundamentals
- Strong communication skills. Willingness to convey ideas and able to work in a collaborative environment.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Familiarity with large scale React and Redux applications
- Proven experience with REST APIs and web application development
- Experience with SQL and distributed databases
- Familiarity with continuous delivery and continuous integration
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.