Software Developer - Coop (Ottawa, ON or Fredericton, NB)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Fredericton, New Brunswick or Ottawa, Ontario and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing January, 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
The responsibilities for this role will vary but include the following:
- Build great interfaces for the world's leading security intelligence platform
- Work other developers and to build shared standards & components and approaches
- Leverage your problem-solving skills and creativity to make a positive impact for our users and our team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Ability to write clean code
- Enthusiasm in designing and developing state-of-the-art user interfaces with compelling user experience.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and concepts rapidly, and are passionate about software innovation
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with RESTful services and APIs for data handling
- Experience with version control systems
- Basic Agile/Scrum methodology understanding
- Portfolio of past projects (screenshots / examples / interactive resume)
- Understanding of e modern front-end stack, Node.js / ES6 / css precompilers / Gulp / React
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.