Software Developer - Coop (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Are you a software innovator who seeks to redefine the business world? Come join us at IBM Analytics and start Something Big!
IBM Analytics is revolutionizing business software and how the entire world uses it. We strive to put the insights and productivity, which are generated by business software, in the hands of every business creator. With the creation of futuristic products like IBM Cognos Analytics and IBM Bluemix, more entrepreneurs and startups can now afford the technological resources necessary to turn their world-changing ideas into reality.
We are looking for your fresh perspective, creativity, and enthusiasm in automating quality control, builds and infrastructure. We are not looking for a particular skill set. We are seeking dev ops and automation developers who possess the ability to learn new technologies and concepts rapidly, and are passionate about software innovation.
To learn more about our products, please check these out! IBM Analytics: http://youtu.be/-zgsJabOULk IBM Bluemix: http://youtu.be/E5TKNbWl2Co
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Exposure to development tools
- Demonstrated belief in failing fast and working iteratively in an Agile environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Demonstrated passion for technology and technical community (i.e. contribution to open source, volunteerism, and/or programming contests)
- Scripting and automation skills.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.