Software Developer - Coop (Fredericton, NB)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
This position resides in Fredericton, New Brunswick and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
As a member of the QRadar Integration Services Team, you will be responsible for the integration of third-party events and vulnerability data into Q1 Labs’ flagship network security management solution, QRadar.
As a qualified candidate, you must be able to:
- Research the logging/messaging capability of log sources and determine the best method for integrating them
- Collect, analyze, and classify sample log messages and create methods for parsing them
- Work with internal groups to implement, test, and document device support, including processing, alerting, and reporting capabilities
Work independently and with a group of peers; especially cross-functional teams in a development environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience developing commercial software using Java
- Experience with Regular Expressions
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven with attention to detail and quality Additional Qualifications:
- Experience XML, XML Schema and Document Type Definition (DTD), APIs for manipulating XML
- Development experience with relational databases
- Knowledge of security best practices and methodologies
- Experience with a broad range of Java technologies (e.g., JMS, JNI, JDBC, …)
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with GIT
- Scripting experience using an exhibited language such as Perl and/or Python (additional scripting language knowledge a plus)
- Demonstrated understanding of networking protocols and principles
- Experience in security log analysis, application log analysis, and general log management best practices
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.