Software Developer - Content Management Systems - Intern (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship)month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Main Responsibilities for Software Developer - Content Management Systems include:
This position is with our DB2 LUW Content Design (CD) Infrastructure and Operations team. The infrastructure team focuses on designing, building, testing and supporting many different web-based applications used by information developers (technical writers) to produce DB2 LUW product documentation. Content is delivered online in the form of multi-language information centers as well as by hard copy in the form of product manuals. DB2 ID Infrastructure team members work closely with their peers who write DB2 documentation. By working together we strive to provide our customers and their businesses with the tools that they need to succeed with DB2 as their database. This position will help enhance your understanding of database application development and will provide you with the skill set required to manage a very large library of files across multiple product releases. Working with translation centers across the world will provide exposure to software globalization processes, and managing Cognos reports to track ownership and progress will provide basic project management experience. This position offers immense growth potential and provides an opportunity to work within a dynamic, highly collaborative and fast paced environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven teamworking and communication skills
- Ability to work with and prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated skill in Perl, PHP
- Demonstrated skill in relational database systems
- Experience with XML is strongly preferred
- Experience with the Eclipse Help System is preferred
- Understanding of content management systems and software version control applications like CVS
- Knowledge of document type definitions (DTDs, XSDs) used in the software documentation industry such as DocBook or DITA is preferred
- Willingness to tackle difficult problems with creativity and initiative
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.