Software Developer - Co-op (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing September 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are seeking innovative students looking for a 4 or 8 month of challenge in an exciting and high paced environment. You will contribute to the design, implementation, and test, development of new features and functions. Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Proven programming skills (C/C++ & Python specifically)
- Experience in Relational Databases / SQL
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with common Machine Learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, SparkML, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Spark Mlib is a plus.
- Research Experience
- Experience with version control system like Git
- Experience with IBM Data Science Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.