Software Developer - Internship (Fredericton, NB)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Fredericton, NB and is a 12 (internship) month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Windows Event Collection Software Developer is an integral part of IBM's Security Intelligence QRadar software development team that is responsible for delivering new and enhanced features as well as maintaining the SI product line. The self-driven candidate will be responsible for the integration of third-party Windows events into Q1 Labs' flagship network security management solution, QRadar.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience developing commercial software using C++
- Experience developing commercial software using Java and its technologies e.g., JMS, JNI, JDBC, …
- Experience with Windows/UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Unit and integration testing (TDD)
- Strong problem-solving skills, self-driven with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with XML, XML Schema and DTD, APIs for manipulating XML
- Experience with relational databases
- Knowledge of security best practices and methodologies
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with Win32 API
- Experience with Install Shield
- Experience with GIT
- Demonstrated understanding of networking protocols and principles
- Experience in Windows security and application event logs
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.