Software Devel./Automation Tester - Coop (Ottawa,ON or Fredericton,NB)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Ottawa, ON or Fredericton, NB and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing September 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Do you have a genuine curiosity about every layer of an application? Do you care equally about the aesthetics and usability as you do about the logic and data structures underneath? Do you want a chance to work across the architecture of a product, building both front end and backend?
Does it bother you when you see software applications behaving badly? Do you ever find yourself wondering, "Why does it ask me that?" or thinking, "Didn't I just enter that information?" Is "good enough" for others sometimes not good enough for you? If you pay close attention to the details, you can use that keen awareness to change things for the better!
You can do this through Automation Development and Testing (often called Quality Engineering). In this area, you’ll get to work with cutting edge cognitive computing technology, before it's available to the public. Not only that, but you’ll help to make sure that it's cool, fast, and ready for anything people might send its way.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Knowledge of application and web development in HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Node.js and Angular.js
- Some knowledge in Java to implement server-side or
- application logic and develop databases and RESTful interfaces
- Some experience on verifying that the software behaves for the users who will someday need to use it to get things done
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with RESTful services and APIs for data handling
- Experience with version control systems
- Basic Agile/Scrum methodology understanding
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.