Site Reliability Engineer
IBM Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) software is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. This $850 million market continues to grow yearly and is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2022. Work with us, learn what it takes to be the leader in a competitive global software industry. ICM enables organizations to design, manage, and automate the calculation of variable payment for dozens of plans and thousands of employees simultaneously. From a technical point of view, ICM is a single-page web application that utilizes REST APIs. The REST API is backed by databases and a distributed compute engine.
IBM seeks to hire a Site Reliability Engineer with specific focus in cloud applications, development, and operations. We are looking for candidates to work alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, support and business professionals focused on the next generation of software.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, data scientists, and business professionals. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Mentoring team members in development lifecycle by improving their analysis, design and development skills to produce modular, clean and tested code
- Leading plans to improve software, systems, and processes
- Drawing from your professional experience to help create creative solutions to complex problems
- Evaluating errors, hardware failures, high resource usage and slow response time
- Improving security, performance and alerting of server, database and network components
- Automating manual processes and developing applications required for a smooth cloud operation
- Documenting devops procedures for the team runbooks
- Working with development to provide initial assessment and possible workaround of production and pre-production issues
- Learning and contributing to products on a variety of architectures: Representational State Transfer (RESTFul) Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), client-server, n-tier
Our office building has direct underground access to the Sheppard-Yonge subway station, and has easy access to Highway 401 making it appeal to commuters from all over the GTA.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in scripting (e.g. Python, Powershell, bash)
- Experience in database administration and design (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, PostreSQL)
- Understanding of infrastructure technologies and concepts (load balancers, firewall, security concepts)
- Strong communication skills. Willingness to convey ideas and able to work in collaborative environment.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience working with Cloud services (e.g. Splunk, New Relic, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- ReactJS experience
- Familiarity with continuous delivery and continuous integration
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.