SharePoint - Systems Management Specialist
We are looking for a qualified SharePoint Administrator. The administrator will work in a team environment to support business solutions and maintain SharePoint Portals.
This role is performed by technical professionals that have expertise in managing and operation of IT hardware, software, communications, and/or application solutions, and the resources required to plan for, develop, deliver, and support properly engineered IT services and products to meet the needs of a business.
The scope of this job role includes preparation for new or changed services, management of the change process, management of performance of systems and services in relation to their contribution to business performance. Individuals in this role apply their technical skills to support the operation and maintenance of vendor products, services, and solutions and typically have responsibility for sizing, troubleshooting, and critical client situations.
- You will be working with the End customer and Account team.
- Install or Uninstall Sharepoint and related middleware software on windows.
- Configure and administer Sharepoint/middleware software
- Apply Sharepoint/middleware software patches, hotfixes, and service packs
- Communicate End-of-Support dates and new product release information to account team
- Perform Sharepoint/middleware system software level recovery
- Respond to requests for information about Sharepoint/middleware software or operations from IBM account teams
- Maintain Operational Procedures documentation for Sharepoint/middleware operations.
- Perform startup and shutdown of Sharepoint/middleware
- Deploy customer application code/content changes
- Perform application instance configuration Deployment or Removal
- Create, implement, manage scripts
- Perform L2 Sharepoint/middleware problem determination and problem resolution
- Perform root cause analysis of Sharepoint/middleware software outages
- Manage problem tickets per Problem Management process
- Coordinate problem resolution activities
- Open help requests with Sharepoint/middleware software vendor support
- Perform problem trend analysis to prevent problem recurrence and to improve service levels
- Participate in change review and approval processes
- Implement and test changes to Sharepoint/middleware software
- Coordinate and communicate Sharepoint/middleware software change activities
- Manage change tickets per Change Management Process
- Analyze and improve change services levels
- Audit problem and change records for process compliance
- Create new Change Record
- Conduct security compliance activities per contractual security requirements
- Maintain Sharepoint/middleware software security compliance
- Review & assess security vulnerability alerts
- Perform Sharepoint/middleware software health checks
- Document and report health check results
- Document and report Sharepoint/middleware software security alert response
- Manage access control lists for Sharepoint/middleware software
- Perform Sharepoint/middleware product log file rotation, pruning, and archiving
- Work on Web Sharepoint/middleware projects as assigned, including sizing, planning and implementation activities.
- Part of an on-call support team in rotation providing 7X24 support.
- Provide support for Disaster Recovery and its testing.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with SharePoint Administration, Portal/Collaboration, Content Management and Application support with Microsoft technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another related field.
- Relevant Microsoft certifications and/or training
- Technical experience and knowledge of:
- SQL/SQL Server
- Web Services .NET Frameworks
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- FrontPage, IIS, Windows Advanced Server (Microsoft's Server Suite)
- Experience in Portal administration, capacity planning and system integration using Microsoft technologies
- Experience with Internet/Intranet and Collaboration technologies
- Professional written and verbal communications
- Proven time management, customer service and organizational skills
- Experience with an enterprise ticketing system: Remedy or ServiceNow
- Able to work independently and with a team
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.