Senior Software Quality Assurance
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and Analytics are transforming industries, society, and even the workplace–by creating professions that didn't exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social, and mobile. Cognitive computing is creating new customer experiences, reinventing operations and transforming industries by creating systems that can understand, reason and learn. As the largest technology employer in the world, IBM is a leader in this global transformation and just the place to continue your career.
IBM is seeking for a talented Software Quality Assurance Analyst that is passionate about quality to join our team at our Toronto office. You will be part of an Agile development team working closely with developers and data scientists to solve challenging problems in a dynamic environment. A strong business background coupled with technical expertise will enable the successful candidate to assess and manage rapidly evolving functionality to assure the quality and usability of mission critical software.
Our product testing involves a mix of manual and automated testing. A successful candidate will be expected to balance all aspects of testing, including planning, execution, executive reporting and automated testing. As a growing team with ambitious goals, the challenge and complexity of the work you take on will be limited solely by your ability to deliver.
- Perform all aspects of verification, including functional testing, regression testing, performance testing
- Work with development teams to gain understanding of business requirement to test new functionality of our products
- Analyze test results, open defects and retest bug fixes
- Development, execution, maintenance and documentation of automated test
- Integrate automated test suites into our continuous integration framework
- Troubleshoot test environments, analyze problems and determine best course of action
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Good knowledge of web service technologies (REST)
- Good understanding of relational databases and able to write simple SQL queries
- Confident programming in Python and eager to learn new languages as need arises
- Previous experience with automation testing tools and frameworks, such as JUnit, Jenkins
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design
- Basic fluency using Shell and batch scripting
- Experience working in an Agile environmen
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Passionate about Quality
- Self-motivated, independent worker and strong team member
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a driven environment
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.