Security Software Engineer - Coop (Fredericton, NB)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Fredericton, New Brunswick and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing Jan 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Main Responsibilities for Security Software Engineer co-op include:
- Track, validate, and document product and 3rd party vulnerabilities.
- Implement secure engineering initiatives
- Assist with code and web scanning automation/reporting.
- Assist with Product Management compliance certifications.
- Develop and maintain security content.
- Resolve security defects.
- Develop remediation plans.
- Participate in penetration testing.
- Create security bulletins
The Security Intelligence (QRadar) Product Security team is seeking a highly motivated individual to complete a work term as security engineer/analyst. The Security Team is responsible for identifying and resolving all SI product security issues arising from development, content, vulnerabilities, and penetration testing. To fulfill this role, we are seeking a mature, ambitious, and creative individual to join our team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Successful completion of 2 years Computer Engineering/Software Engineering
- Experienced with Linux environments
- Software development experience
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to complete tasks without supervision
- Positive attitude
- Client focused
- Proven oral and written communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes
- Knowledge of secure engineering best practices
- Experience with Python & Java
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.