Security Services Project Manager
Join a leader. Be part of a growing and exciting team. Help build a smarter planet along the way. Every day, the world becomes exponentially more interconnected, digitized and data aware. The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. Yesterdayâ??s business models no longer equip organizations to capitalize on this change.
At IBM Security Services we partner with Fortune 1000 clients to deliver real business value by:
- Bringing together the world's largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
- Enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics and technology.
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to plan, build, and implement advanced business solutions.
- Establishing new, flexible and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experience and capabilities.
Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions.
These strengths applied to business issues and opportunities give our clients not only the ability to anticipate change, but also take advantage of new possibilities.
What will you do as a Security Services Project Manager?
The Security Services Project Manager will assist the Security Services Consulting team or Managed Security Services team to provide the highest level of professional services in information security and project based security services. The normal duties performed by the Security Services Project Manager include financial management (billing and income statement reconciliation); deliverable and project plan management; issues and risk management; communications with the project team and client; deployment and project implementation. This position provides the foundation level for future career growth in the project management or consultancy profession within IBM. This is a business outcomes based position.
Security Services Project Managers must have willingness and ability to travel up to 50% (home on weekends - based on project requirements) but up to 100% travel if business and client needs require.
The ideal candidate should possess the drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English Fluent (Verbal and written)
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability, with willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win win solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by paying attention and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Demonstrated communication skills in presentation and technical report writing
- Associate PMP or PMP certification
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
Prefer candidates who have or will be completing degrees in Business, Accounting, Engineering, Project Management or Information Systems (Computer Science)
Legal work eligibility
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.