Security Intelligence Quality Assurance - Coop (Fredericton, NB)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Fredericton, NB and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing January, 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBMâ??s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Main Responsibilities for Security Intelligence Quality Assurance co-op include:
- Executing test cases and recording the test results using the test case management tool
- Reporting and verifying defects using the defect tracking tool
- Writing and updating test cases for specific areas, based on functional specifications, using the test case management tool. This includes both manual and automated test cases.
- Reviewing customer documentation
- Participate in reviews of design and test documents
- Set up, configure, and maintain test lab configurations to support various test scenarios and environments
- Work closely with Development and Support teams
- Report status on a regular basis to the QA Team Lead Ensure a high level of quality for all deliverables
This position is in the Quality Assurance of IBMâ??s QRadar appliance or SaaS products. These products deliver an intelligent, integrated and automated security solution that provides complete, 360 degree security intelligence across your entire network, no matter how large or small. The successful candidate will be responsible for participating in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and serviceability of new features and releases of software. To achieve this, this position will perform the assessment, planning and execution of test efforts required for new functions/features under development; consult with quality and development engineers in resolution of complex problems; develop new approaches, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing testing methodologies and processes.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with two or more of the following: C++, Perl, Java/Java script, SQL, XML
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage workload to meet specific deadlines
- Must work effectively as part of a team and be able to exercise independent judgment within defined guidelines and procedures
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes
- Experience with automated testing and Selenium
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.