Security Intelligence Development/QA - Coop (Fredericton, NB)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Fredericton, NB and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing January 2019 It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Main Responsibilities for Security Intelligence Development/QA co-op include:
- Writing and updating test cases for specific areas, based on functional specifications, using the test case management tool. This includes both manual and automated test cases.
- Reporting and verifying defects using the defect tracking tool
- Participate in reviews of design and test documents
- Set up, configure, and maintain test lab configurations to support various test scenarios and environments
- Turn product requirements into concrete design specifications
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code
- Trouble shoot and diagnose software problems and provide solutions
- Perform unit and integration tests on new software
- Ensure that delivered code follows secure coding practices
- Report status on a regular basis and ensure a high level of quality for all deliverables
This position is in the Development and QA of IBM's Security Intelligence line of products including QRadar and Forensics. These products deliver an intelligent, integrated and automated security solution that provides complete, 360 degree security intelligence across your entire network, no matter how large or small. As our development process becomes more agile, the need is arising for more versatile resources whose skill sets span both the traditional development and quality assurance roles. Depending on the phase of a given release, the successful candidate will be responsible for either the development of software or participating in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and serviceability of new features and releases of software. To achieve this, this position will perform the assessment, planning and execution of development/test efforts required for new functions/features. They will also consult with quality and development engineers in resolution of complex problems; develop new approaches, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing methodologies and processes.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with two or more of the following: C++, Perl, Java/Java script, SQL, XML
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage workload to meet specific deadlines
- Must work effectively as part of a team and be able to exercise independent judgment within defined guidelines and procedures
- Experience with developing and maintaining code
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Experience using Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes
- Experience with automated testing and Selenium
- Experience with Groovy
- Interest in the Security Industry and Ethical Hacking
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.