Security Content Developer - Internship (Fredericton, NB)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Fredericton, NB and is a 12 (internship) month work term commencing January 2019r It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Security Content Developer will be an integral part of IBM's Security Intelligence QRadar software development team that is responsible for delivering new and enhanced feature functionality for the SI product line. The Security Content Developer will create logic, event queries and reports that alert customers to attacks on their network and to prove that they are meeting compliance standards such as HIPAA, PCI and FISMA. This work will have a direct impact on IBM Security's standing as the global leader in IT security products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Turning use case requirements into Boolean logic rules, regular expressions, reports, SQL searches, etc.
- Bundling security content (e.g. rules, searches, reports) into packages that can be published on the QRadar App Exchange for customers to download.
- Regularly reviewing existing security content to ensure that it stays up to date with the latest attacks, vulnerabilities and compliance standards.
- Work as part of an agile development team
- Ability to adapt to new and existing technologies quickly
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Regular Expressions
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven with attention to detail and quality
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Experience in enterprise application deployment and administration, preferably on security products.
- Experience in one or more of the following;
- Networking (i.e. firewalls, routers)
- Security devices (AV,edr, etc.)
- Web Application Development
- Experience using relational database management software
- Experience with Boolean logic
- Experience with SQL [query, update}
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Security – conversant in DoS and DDoS, Overflows and other failures to validate input
- Knowledge of security compliance standards such as HIPAA, PCI and FISMA
- Experience with GIT
- Scripting experience using an exhibited language such as Perl and/or Python (additional scripting language knowledge a plus)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.