Security Content Developer - Coop (Fredericton, NB)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Fredericton, NB and is a 8-month work term commencing January 2021. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
The Security Content Developer will be an integral part of IBM’s Security Intelligence QRadar software development team that is responsible for delivering new and enhanced feature functionality for the SI product line. The Security Content Developer will create logic, event queries and reports that alert customers to attacks on their network and to prove that they are meeting compliance standards such as HIPAA, PCI and FISMA. This work will have a direct impact on IBM Security's standing as the global leader in IT security products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Turning use case requirements into Boolean logic rules, regular expressions, reports, SQL searches, etc.
- Bundling security content (e.g. rules, searches, reports) into packages that can be published on the QRadar App Exchange for customers to download.
- Regularly reviewing existing security content to ensure that it stays up to date with the latest attacks, vulnerabilities and compliance standards.
- Work as part of an agile development team
- Ability to adapt to new and existing technologies quickly
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Experience with Regular Expressions
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven with attention to detail and quality
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Security – conversant in DoS and DDoS, Overflows and other failures to validate input
- Knowledge of security compliance standards such as HIPAA, PCI and FISMA
- Experience with GIT
- Scripting experience using an exhibited language such as Perl and/or Python (additional scripting language knowledge a plus)
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.