Security Analyst - Junior - Coop (London, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in London, Ontario and is a 4-month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are seeking a student that is driven to succeed in a very fast paced technical and client focused environment. The Junior Security analyst will be responsible for assisting the Security Team with security related activities in support of Maximo and TRIRIGA SaaS (IBM Cloud environment) applications. Assisting with Windows Administration and Security Configuration will be the primary of focus of the work term. This role will also be responsible for creation and maintenance of documented security processes, procedures and controls. Familiarity with certifications, particularly IOS 27001, SOC1 or SOC2 would be asset. Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, team player, and able to work under minimal supervision. Candidates need to demonstrate analytical problem-solving skills, must be able to collaborate and apply communication skills, all fundamental skills that will have a direct impact on the Cloud Delivery Services team success.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Ability to follow Standard Procedures
- Demonstrated Communication skills (Verbal and written)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Email knowledge (preferably Lotus Notes)
- Experience with CRM software would be an asset
- Python knowledge would be an asset
- Windows Server 2012 system administration working knowledge
- Windows and Linux operating system experience
- Familiarity with ISO 27001, SOC1 or SOC2 certification would be an asset
- Able to work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Some knowledge of databases, SQL, DB2
- Good documentation skills, production and publication of flowcharts, processes and procedures.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.