Securities Data Analyst - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing June 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Main Responsibilities for Securities Data Analyst: include:
- Manages data that supports processes for the Canadian securities industry
- Evaluates and processes client requests for additions and maintenance of securities information in the Security Master database
- Updates the information based on research tools available from stock exchange bulletins, in the internet, available systems, documentation and publications
- Adheres to the business controls and processes in place to ensure accuracy of data
- Works both independently and with the team to complete the daily tasks
- Uses problem management and communication skills to resolve both customer and supplier related issues
- Execution of management escalation communication
- Works towards managing delivery of services according to customer service level agreement
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Currently enrolled in business or finance related program
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated research skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Exhibited customer service skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Working towards Canadian Securities Course certification
- French language skills (nice to have)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.