Sales Business Analyst - Internship (Markham, ON)
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 12-month intern month work term commencing August / September 2020. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
The IBM North America Global Markets team is seeking a highly talented individual to fill a consultative, client-focused, business analyst role. At IBM, we’re motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind, and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
You will be exposed to a variety of individual and collaborative projects that will allow you to work with IBMers from all across the country. When you’re not working alongside client executives and managers in ongoing sales initiatives, you will be rolling up your sleeves with your peers and developing solutions to assist in new client acquisition across various IBM solution areas and industries. You will also be expected to mine your way through data to analyze the marketplace and provide in-depth recommendations and a path for next steps. All in all, you will have the opportunity to develop your business skills in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a diverse group of people.
- Support the Management team by executing weekly reports outlining potential gaps and assisting with making data driven business decisions
- Analyze historical data to aide in new business strategies and initiatives for White Space Accounts and Business Partners as well as the Digital Team
- Develop and design materials that assist with business strategies and initiatives such as excel data manipulation, interpreting data and presenting information through graphs and PowerPoint to Management team
- Supports the Sales Team (Client Executives) directly by being involved in client engagements such as research, client calls and meetings, proposals
- Facilitate Sales Team business processes to improve Commercial Business Unit Net Promoter Score
- Responsible for reporting of Sales Team Plan to Make Plan (Levers to Growth) with the opportunity to understand how territories are managed
- Manage Commercial web page highlighting the team success and events
- Assist in sales pipeline management – creating, modifying and removing opportunities to contribute with Commercial Business Unit pipeline hygiene
If you think you can take on this challenge, you must first ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I someone who is driven in challenging situations?
- Am I willing to let the team win instead of being MVP?
- Do I have strong analytical skills and am comfortable with developing recommendations?
- Do I take initiative in ambiguous situations and learn quickly?
- Am I an out-of-the-box thinker, who is creative and enthusiastic in my approach to problem solving?
- Do I communicate effectively and get along well with others?
- Do I make the most effective and insightful PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets my professors have ever seen?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then we want you!
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Completed High School Diploma, currently enrolled in Canadian University (minimum of 2 years completed)
- Approachable, engaging and driven
- Leadership and teamwork experience
- Ability to analyze and develop creative and innovative approaches
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong business acumen
- Confidence to communicate and interact with professionals of all executive levels
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Relevant business experience
High School Diploma/GED
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
State / Province: ONTARIO
City / Township / Village: MARKHAM
IBM Business Group: GLMKT
Role ( Job Role ): Student/Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract type: Internship
New Collar Role: Yes
Position Type: Intern
Travel Required: No Travel
Company: (0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position? No