Sales & Summit Program Management - Intern (Markham, ON)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 12 (internship) month work term commencing September 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
- It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
You will work with IBM Canada's Summit Leader to manage the vitality sales hiring program. This includes assisting in the management, organization and running events for the full-time sales and elite internship program. Collaborating with IBM sales, technical, executive, human resources, financial, and other support resources to continuously enhance the Summit Program.
Grow your skills and knowledge in emerging trends in the IT industry, and IBM's market leading cloud & cognitive solutions for enterprises.
You will have the opportunity to develop your business skills and consultative sales techniques to provide real client value, influence decisions, and meet business requirements in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a diverse group of people.
- Strategic planning for Summit Sales program which includes training events, initiatives and ongoing tracking of the Summit program Collaborate, network and facilitateevents with senior executives and sales leaders across IBM Canada Market the IBM Summit Program by collaborating with universities & student groups to find top talent
- Consult and provide recommendations to the Summit Program Leader on candidates to be selected for internships
- Provide leadership and program guidance to Summit Interns across the country
- Opportunity to learn & work with IBM's sales leaders on client meeting preparation, strategic sales initiatives, attending client calls & overall consultative sales techniquesé
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Interest in pursuing a sales career in the technology industry
- Aptitude to learn
- Confidence to communicate and interact with professionals of all executive levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of information technology & its strategic business value is an asset
- A passion for coaching and mentoring
- Understand & use of innovative selling technologies to network, engage clients (e.g., analytics, social media) is an asset
- Proven analytical skills
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
About Business Unit
Fueled by cognitive technologies, more than 150 SaaS offerings, and real-time insights, the Global Markets team delivers embedded expertise to help our clients make better decisions and deliver innovation as they engage with their customers, partners and suppliers. Join us to continue to drive innovation with the most comprehensive portfolio for enterprises across industries.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.