Sales & Summit Program Management - Intern (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, ON and is an 12- month work term commencing September 2019.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
- It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The following job responsibilities for the Sales and Summit Program Management Co-op include:
You will work with IBM Canada's Summit Leader on the project management of the vitality sales hiring program. This includes assisting in the management, organization and events for three cohorts of consultative sales hires throughout the year and being a part of the strategic sales initiatives. You will have the opportunity to develop your business skills in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a diverse group of people.
Responsibilities would include:
- Strategic planning for project timelines, events, initiatives and ongoing tracking of the Summit program
- Collaborating, networking and facilitating events with senior executives and sales leaders from across all of IBM Canada's business areas
- Working with universities and student groups on the collaboration of IBM events
- Consulting and providing recommendations to the Summit Program Leader on candidates to be selected for internships
- Providing leadership and program guidance to Summit interns across the country
- Working with IBM's sales leaders on client meeting preparation, strategic sales initiatives and attending client calls
If you think you can take on this challenge, you must first ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I someone who is driven in challenging situations?
- Am I willing to let the team win instead of being MVP?
- Can I be a leader and a team player as needed?
- Do I communicate effectively and get along well with others?
- Do I have strong analytical skills and am comfortable with developing recommendations?
- Do I take initiative in ambiguous situations and learn quickly?
- Am I an out-of-the-box thinker, who is creative and enthusiastic in my approach to problem solving?
- Do I make the most effective and insightful PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets my professors have ever seen?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then we want you!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- A passion for coaching and mentoring
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Relevant business experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.