Robotics Process Automation Developer - Coop (Markham, ON)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 4-month (co-op) work term commencing January 2020. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
As a RPA Developer, you will support the development and implementation of cost-effective solutions to meet the business objectives by coordinating detailed technical analysis and design, investigating new approaches/technical designs.
- Identifying new process opportunities and accurately analyzing and estimating new processes, quickly assessing feasibility;
- Analyzing, understanding and documenting the business processes in detail where required;
- Identifying and communicating the technical infrastructure requirements;
- Designing Blue Prism, AA and/or related technologies in process solutions in accordance with standard design principles and conventions;
- Configuring new RPA processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand;
- Creating and maintaining solution documentation;
- Supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process;
- Problem-solving issues that arise in day to day running of RPA processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required;
- Communicating with Vendor on software related issues suggested improvements and participating with other users in the RPA community;
Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control
- Co-op program enrollment is mandatory
- Development Experience
- Understanding workflow-based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution;
- Willingness and ability to blend business analysis with a hands-on configuration of automation processes
- The ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly from theoretical exercises to real-world delivery and mentoring tasks;
- Good communication skills;
- The ability to work with a structured and methodical approach, combined with an inquiring mind;
- An understanding of, and a willingness to adhere to, formal change control procedures and disciplines;
- An aptitude for problem-solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- Experience working on Blue Prism development will be an added advantage;
- Automation Anywhere experience;
- Proven technical documentation skills.
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.