Quantitative Financial Professional -Prod. Strategy -Coop (Toronto,ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 4 (co-op) month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Reporting to the Offering Management leader for Algorithmics products, you will be participating in financial engineering activities relating to market/counterparty credit risk management and quantitative analysis of Financial Risk Management models.
- You will be involved in reviewing financial and modeling specifications as well as validation of features.
- You will research and understand new risk management regulations, evolving risk management industry and client needs, as well as new industry standard financial instruments and modeling
- You will work together with the rest of the Offering Management team, financial engineering team, Model team, Documentation team and Research team to research and propose solutions to many challenging problems in the areas of Financial Risk Management.
- Your success will be measured by your ability to be proactive and creative this process, to effectively combine your creative approach with strong research and modeling knowledge to assess and propose product features.
Must be a Canadian citizen or Canadian Permanent Resident.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Students pursing Master's degree in Financial Economics, Financial Engineering, Financial Risk Management or equivalent
- Understanding of basic financial theory and risk management for market risk, counterparty credit risk, regulatory capital, model risk.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communications skills and excellent teamwork.
- Interest and knowledge in risk management regulations, industry practices and trends.
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM Algorithmics products such as RiskWatch and Algo Scenario Engine applications
- Demonstrable knowledge of in areas of XVA calculations or collateral modeling.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.