Quality Assurance Performance Engineer
Join the development team of IBM® QRadar®, one of the top ranked Security Event and Incident Management (SIEM) platform in the world. The Quality Assurance engineer is an integral part of QA and development team that is responsible for participating in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and performance of new features and releases of software. To achieve this, the Quality Assurance Engineer will be required to plan, author, and execute performance test plans and interact with quality and development engineers. He/she will perform the assessment, planning and execution of test efforts required for new functions/features under development; consult with quality and development engineers in resolution of complex problems; develop new approaches, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing performance testing methodologies and processes.
- Creation and execution of performance test plans, test cases and scripts
- Analyzing performance test results to identify trends in software and hardware performance
- Reporting performance test results to Quality Assurance, Customer Support, Development, and Product Management
- Test automation development
- Interfacing with Development team to understand/resolve potential defects in the product
- Collaboration with Customer Support team to understand/reproduce field issues
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (Verbal and Written)
- 2 to 5 years of performance testing experience
- Experience with Test Automation/Scripting
- Experience with Linux, Java/Java script, html
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple priorities
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Software development experience
- Networking/Security experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.