Quality Assurance Engineer - Coop (Fredericton, NB)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Fredericton, New Brunswick and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing September 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Main Responsibilities for Security Intelligence Quality Assurance co-op include:
- Executing test cases and recording the test results using the test case management tool
- Reporting and verifying defects using the defect tracking tool
- Writing and updating test cases for specific areas, based on functional specifications, using the test case management tool. This includes both manual and automated test cases.
- Reviewing customer documentation
- Participate in reviews of design and test documents
- Set up, configure, and maintain test lab configurations to support various test scenarios and environments
- Work closely with Development and Support teams
- Report status on a regular basis to the QA Team Lead Ensure a high level of quality for all deliverables
This position is in the Quality Assurance of IBM’s Security Intelligence line of products including QRadar and Forensics. These products deliver an intelligent, integrated and automated security solution that provides complete, 360-degree security intelligence across your entire network, no matter how large or small. The successful candidate will be responsible for participating in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and serviceability of new features and releases of software. To achieve this, this position will perform the assessment, planning and execution of test efforts required for new functions/features under development; consult with quality and development engineers in resolution of complex problems; develop new approaches, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing testing methodologies and processes
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada.ã€€
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.ã€€
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with two or more of the following: C++, Perl, Java/Java script, SQL, XML
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage workload to meet specific deadlines
- Must work effectively as part of a team and be able to exercise independent judgment within defined guidelines and procedures
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes
- Experience with automated testing and Selenium
- Experience with Groovy
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education:Pre-University Qualification