Quality Assurance/Developer - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 8 month work term commencing May 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
As part of the RiskWatch/Scenario Engine development team, the primary responsibilities include:
- - Daily monitoring of regression test results across a number of platforms and versions
- - Administration of the various testing applications
- - Initial analysis of test failures and appropriate generation of defect tickets
- - General enhancement of testing infrastructure
Secondary responsibilities include: Enhancement of C++ code base coding style as recommended by management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Must be comfortable working with UNIX from the command line
- Demonstrates knowledge of common scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Bash)
- Familiar with common development tools such as GIT, CVS, SVN
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks independently
- Able to meet established deadlines
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Familiar with C++ or Java
- Knowledgeable with software development cycle
- Proven understanding of software engineering
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.