QRadar Test Specialist/Software Developer
IBM Security Intelligence is the global provider of high-value, cost-effective, security information and event management (SIEM) products. The flagship offering QRadar is currently the industry leader in SIEM. QRadar integrates previously disparate functions including log management, network behavior analytics and security event management into a total security intelligence solution. QRadar provides users with crucial visibility into what is occurring with their networks, data centers, and applications to better protect IT assets and meet regulatory requirements. The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019.
At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity theft, fraud, etc. IBM Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts; we are currently looking for a Software Developer to come make a difference.
Why join IBM Security?
1. Work for one of the most advanced cyber security companies in the world and one of the world's most trusted brands
2. Work with a globally distributed and diverse international team, with a culture centered on success
3. Competitive compensation and benefit packages
4. A world of opportunity for career growth.
Work as part of an agile team; Collaboration with the Customer Support team to assist in troubleshooting field issues; Demonstrate solid conceptual and technical skills as you troubleshoot QRadar; Ability to adapt to new and existing technologies quickly; Collaboration with other development teams to ensure a quality product.
The QRadar Test Specialist/Software Devloper is an integral part of the Security Intelligence team that is responsible for participating in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and serviceability of new features and releases of software.
The Duties and Responsibilities include:
- plan,author and execute product test plans and interact with quality and development engineers.
- perform the assessment, planning and execution of test efforts required for new functions/features under development
- consult with quality and development engineers in resolution of complex problems
- develop new approaches, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing testing methodologies and processes.
The successful candidate will work with developers, documentation writers, customer support representative, product managers and other quality engineers.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Minimum 1 year experience in Linux, XML, SQL, QA methodologies
- Minimum 1 year experience with test automation, such as Selenium, Groovy, Jeb
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a an agile environment.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Familiarity with regular expressions
- Some knowledge of Perl
- Some networking/security experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.