QRadar Performance Engineer - Coop (Fredericton, NB)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Fredericton, NB and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing January 2019 It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. IBM Security Intelligence is the global provider of high-value, cost-effective, security information and event management (SIEM) products. The flagship offering QRadar is currently the industry leader in SIEM. QRadar integrates previously disparate functions including log management, network behavior analytics and security event management into a total security intelligence solution. QRadar provides users with crucial visibility into what is occurring with their networks, data centers, and applications to better protect IT assets and meet regulatory requirements.
At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity theft, fraud, etc. IBM Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts; the successful candidate will be working with QRadar's Release Analytics and Performance Assessment Team (RAPA).
- For continuous system behavior analysis, executing Performance Assessment Framework to assess build/appliance benchmark results and recording them in companywide collaboration tool.
- Extending Performance Assessment Framework with new modules to provide better coverage for an evolving product at a high rate.
- Reporting and verifying issues using the collaboration tool and work with other agile teams to close stories/defects.
- Perform initial investigation of pipeline degradations, perform mini experiments to narrow down the issue to component/feature.
- Read the code, read the docs to understand how the system should behave and assess whether it is the case or not.
- Learning about the product to understand the QRadar data pipeline.
- Reviewing customer documentation.
- Work closely with other members of the Agile team and report status on daily scrums to the team
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Having an eye for detail and curiosity on how things work and why things do not work.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with two or more of the following: Java, SQL, Bash, Python, Git.
- Professionalism in verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage workload to meet specific deadlines.
- Must work effectively as part of an agile team and be able to exercise independent judgment. within defined guidelines and procedures.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of the software development process in general.
- Experience in data visualization techniques.
- Experience with developing and maintaining code.
- Enthusiasm in Security Industry and Ethical Hacking
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.