QRadar Performance Engineer
Join the development team of IBM® QRadar®, one of the top ranked Security Event and Incident Management (SIEM) platform in the world. The Performance Engineer is an integral part of development team that is responsible for participating in the execution of procedures for ensuring the performance, scalability and quality of new features and releases of software. To achieve this, the Performance Engineer will be required to plan, author and execute performance test plans and interact with quality and development engineers. He/she will perform the assessment, planning and execution of test efforts required for new functions/features under development; consult with quality and development engineers in resolution of complex problems; develop new approaches, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing code, performance testing methodologies and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate system performance and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and develop appropriate resolutions.
- Define, develop and conduct system performance and stress testing.
- Analyze test results and suggest action plans.
- Create and execute performance test plans, test cases and scripts
- Report performance test results to Quality Assurance, Customer Support, Development, and Product Management
- Develop performance test automation and tooling
- Collaborate with Customer Support and Development Teams to understand/reproduce field issues
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (Verbal and Written)
- MUST have at least 2 years of active and recent Performance and scalability engineering experience with system performance optimization and tooling for performance metrics from servers and software modules.
- Basic software development experience using Java
- Scripting experience in Perl, Python, Shell or VB scripting
- Basic knowledge of SQL and/or any RDBMS
- Ability to work with Linux, basic monitoring commands, access commands and shell scripting
- Strong understanding of common issues around performance and scalability.
- Basic understanding of DB tuning and application server tuning.
- Experience with Test Automation/Scripting
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Software development
- Software Security
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology and Software Development and Testing lifecycle
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.