QRadar Customer Support - Internship (Fredericton, NB)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Fredericton, NB and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This intern position involves working with our customers, including some of the world’s top network and security experts. The candidate must be able to assist with hardware, operating systems, network integration issues and security incident analysis. Our support group is involved in all aspects of customer interactions from pre-sales deployment design to upgrading and support of existing customers. Since our product line is the center for all network traffic analysis and device logging, we require individuals who wish to be challenged technically by integrating our products with all major networking brand names.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to manage workload to meet specific deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and manage priorities and adapt to changing work load requirements
- Experience with Linux (RedHat/CentOS), Windows and a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of syslog, and networking devices is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Demonstrated Linux skills
- Demonstrated Network administration
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.