Public Affairs & Citizenship - Coop (Markham or Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in either Markham or Ottawa and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing May 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are seeking innovative students looking for a summer challenge in IBM's Innovation, Citizenship & Government Affairs (ICG) team. The person in this role will work with the team to support existing public affairs and citizenship initiatives and programs such as IBM STEM 4 Girls. Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated program management and problem-solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Demonstrated passion for work in corporate citizenship
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work with and across teams to achieve shared goals.
- Above average verbal and written communications skills
- Can perform a variety of assigned tasks and work within established procedures
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities effectively and drive programs to successful completion.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Understanding of program management
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.