Programmer - Software Developer
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Be part of a global team deploying software solutions/applications to automate Service desk process to global accounts
- Evaluates, performs analysis and clearly understands process requirements.
- Documents processes via flowcharts, diagrams, as well as through code comments and consistent clarity of code.
- Designs, develops and deploys software solutions for various IPC Tools.
- Manages post-deployment bug fixing and feature requests.
- Communicates issues and solutions when problems arise.
- Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving.
- Tests the product to ensure that it operates satisfactorily.
- Reviews current systems for comprehension and improvements.
- Presents ideas for system improvements.
- Works closely with other programmers.
- Produces detailed specifications.
- Performs application testing before deployment.
- Prepares operating manual for users.
- Maintains deployed applications.
- Investigates current applications for improvement.
- Trains users.
- Handles support and feedback.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Languages Programming
- Proven experience with object oriented programming and design skills (C#, Vb.net or Java
- Proven experience with with DB2 or SQL & ASP.net
- Mandatory skills/profiles required
- Previous experience as a Software Developer ( Need to be self sufficient)
- Language required: Fluent/English. Excellent communication Skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years' experience as a software developer.
- Intermediate to expert experience in C#, Windows API, DLLs, interfaces.
- Good knowledge with object-oriented programming, e.g., C#, C++ Java, Ruby.
- Intermediate to expert experience using DB2, SQL and relational database interfaces.
- Communication protocol APIs such as Serial, FTP, TCPIP, etc.
- Work with Test and Measurement devices and associated APIs.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.