Product Manager - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario (Yonge and Sheppard) and is a 4-month work term commencing May 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The IBM product team is growing! We are looking for a product management intern to join the IBM Sales Performance Management offering to help us to continue to push boundaries.
Product Managers (called Offering Managers within IBM) are the owners of the product and are responsible for the success of the entire brand. We work daily with Engineering and Design, and closely with other parts of the business.
The Product Manager Intern will:
- Analyze data from various streams to drive decision making for the team
- Perform market and competitive analyses
- Conduct user and buyer research
- Analyze business value of a feature/project
- Assist in designing and developing new features and enhancements
- Present progress and solutions to various stakeholders
If you have a passion for software, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a get-things-done attitude, we would love to meet you!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Pursuing an Engineering(any), Math, or Business undergraduate or graduate degree
- Analytical skills – experience using data to guide decision making
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Product design skills
- Design Thinking
- Agile methodologies
- Software development knowledge (product development lifecycle)
- Market and competitive Analysis (size, opportunity & growth, SWOT)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with user research, interviews and surveying
- Programming and relational database skills
- Experience project planning (Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Experience with JIRA, Aha!, PowerPoint
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.