Procurement Sourcing Buyer
The Procurement Sourcing Buyer is expected to be self-starters that have a desire to grow their skills within the Procurement discipline of the supply chain. During the first year (approx.) the individual will learn the basics of IBM's procurement processes in one or more of the multiple commodity families to drive savings. This is an excellent time to hone negotiation and contract skills while dealing with the IBM internal clients/stakeholders.
Candidates will also build their supplier relationship skills as they interface on an ongoing basis with various suppliers to fulfill IBM's requirements. Once the candidate has established a solid understanding of procurement and the necessary communication skills, then the opportunity to further develop in the IBM Procurement Services (IPS) will follow. IPS is IBM's revenue generating portfolio on accounts where IBM Buyers actually perform Procurement related activities for Customers at the customer's own location(s). This outsourcing of a company's procurement work to IBM, provides them with the ability to leverage IBM's buyer skills to drive savings for their own company. Representing IBM in a thoroughly professional manner on a customer's own site provides a terrific opportunity to develop one's skill, character and career.
Buyers are required to be flexible for travel as they may be travelling 10% to 20% of the time (as required) to the other work locations. This may be local within the GTA area, or it may be across the country. Representing IBM in a thoroughly professional manner provides a terrific opportunity to develop one's skill, character and career.
- Procuring goods and services for various products and services
- Perform and evaluate source solicitations including RFQ/RFP/RFI and reverse auction
- Perform and analyze periodic and ad hoc procurement reports from various procurement systems (i.e PBII, Emptoris, SAP, Bond) Perform cost structure analysis and negotiate best price with suppliers
- Drive and achieve cost saving for sourcing program and purchase opportunity
- Setup/handle/manage Standard/Customized related Contracts
- Seek out opportunities to introduce process improvements to drive efficiency
- Participate in cost take over initiatives for major clients.
- Support and deploy sourcing council initiatives and programs in day-to-day activities
- Build strong, strategic supplier relationships and measure/analyze supplier performance and quality
- Develop, maintain and manage collaborative client relationship
- Creating base agreements for net new suppliers;
- Creating Participation Agreements (PA) off existing global agreements for Canada specific purchases
- Validating if contracts are applicable to Canada and determine the right clauses for Canada
- Developing Scopes of Work (SOW) from the beginning by understanding the client's requirements, supplier's limitations and IBM's contractual limitations.
- Working with our procurement legal to ensure IBM's risk is mitigated
- Constant interlocking with the clients to follow up on their requirements via "Sametimes" (ST), emails and phone calls
- Clients are across all functions within IBM - high volume, medium to high complex requirements, development of complex contracts and very demanding teams.
- Clients expect procurement to help walk through the process with them
- Forging 90%+ client sat with clients
- Providing ideas on how to process the requirements easier... person must know all our systems, processes and our clients strategies.
- Interlocking with the supplier - teleconferences - co-coordinating client, procurement and supplier on calls
- Annual reviews of the contracts
- Setting up Supplier meetings where warranted
- Ensuring Account payments are up to date and Tax allocations are correct
- Responsible for merging contracts into IBM
- Identifying contractual gaps/issues before contract is assigned to IBM
- Annual contract reviews
- SFD / SFT
- OA maintenance
- Ensure adherence to Procurement's "Bluebook" of policies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent in spoken and written English language (French is an asset)
- Strong PC Skills in Excel, Power Point, Word
- Strong financial/analytical/problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Business acumen Self-motivated, team player, creative, well organized
- Excellent leadership potentials
- Able to work under pressure and tight schedules
- Must be flexible for future
- Travel requirements
- Location is Markham Ontario
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.