Procurement Sourcing Buyer
Candidates applying to this role are expected to be self-starters that have a desire to grow their skills within the Procurement discipline of the supply chain. During the first year (approx.) the individual will learn the basics of IBM's procurement processes in one or more of the multiple commodity families to drive savings. This is an excellent time to hone negotiation and contract skills while dealing with the IBM internal clients/stakeholders.
Candidates will also build their supplier relationship skills as they interface on an ongoing basis with various suppliers to fulfill IBM's requirements.
- Procuring goods and services for various products and services
- Perform and evaluate source solicitations including RFQ/RFP/RFI and reverse auction
- Perform and analyze periodic and ad hoc procurement reports from various procurement systems (i.e PBII, SAP/Ariba, Bond)
- Perform cost structure analysis and negotiate best price with suppliers
- Drive and achieve cost saving for sourcing program and purchase opportunity
- Setup/handle/manage Standard/Customized related Contracts
- Seek out opportunities to introduce process improvements to drive efficiency
- Participate in cost take over initiatives for major clients.
- Support and deploy sourcing council initiatives and programs in day-to-day activities
- Build strong, strategic supplier relationships and measure/analyze supplier performance and quality
- Develop, maintain and manage collaborative client relationship
- Data- centers procurement consultant
- Large technical projects negotiation (Wifi Roll Out – IMAC)
- Canadian Market Cabling knowledge (Installers – Distribution – OEMs)
- Creating base agreements for net new suppliers;
- Creating Participation Agreements (PA) off existing global agreements for Canada specific purchases
- Validating if contracts are applicable to Canada and determine the right clauses for Canada
- Developing Scopes of Work (SOW) from the beginning by understanding the client's requirements, supplier's limitations and IBM's contractual limitations.
- Working with our procurement legal to ensure IBM's risk is mitigated
- Constant interlocking with the clients to follow up on their requirements via "Sametimes" (ST), emails and phone calls and other communication tools such as SLACK
- Clients are across all functions within IBM – high volume, medium to high complex requirements, development of complex contracts and very demanding teams.
- Clients expect procurement to help walk through the process with them
- Forging 90%+ client sat with clients
- Providing ideas on how to process the requirements easier… person must know all our systems, processes and our clients strategies.
- Interlocking with the supplier – teleconferences – co-coordinating client, procurement and supplier on calls
- Annual reviews of the contracts
- Setting up Supplier meetings where warranted
- Ensuring Account payments are up to date and Tax allocations are correct
Mergers and Acquisitions Activity (as required)
- Responsible for merging contracts into IBM
- Identifying contractual gaps/issues before contract is assigned to IBM
- Annual contract reviews
- Source Selection and Fair Value Analysis
- Hands Free Mechanism such as Outline Agreements maintenance
- Ensure adherence to Procurement's "Bluebook" of policies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent verbal and written English language (French is an asset)
- Strong PC Skills in Excel, Power Point, Word
- Strong financial/analytical/problem-solving skills
- Business acumen
- Self-motivated, team player, creative, well organized
- Excellent leadership potentials
- Able to work under pressure and tight schedules
- Must be flexible for future Travel requirements
- Location is Markham Ontario
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- French Speaking
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.