Processing Support Services Analyst - Internship (Markham, ON)
A Technical Support Representatives at IBM is a front-line position supporting our products and making sure they are at their best for our customers. With over 100 years in technology, IBM has built a strong reputation of quality service and this role ensures that continues. If you enjoy helping people with technical issue, you'll love your career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing September 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
- It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Main Responsibilities for Production Support Services Analyst Analyst: include:
- Monitors daily and month-end batch processing and daily and month-end reruns
- Executes first level problem determination
- Fixes system abends, when required
- Execution of management escalation communication
- Works towards managing delivery of services according to customer service level agreement
- Works both independently and with the team to complete the daily tasks and uses problem management and communication skills to resolve both customer and supplier related issues.
- Works on a rotating shift schedule, i.e., night shirt and day shift
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science (or related) program
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Willing to work on a rotating 12-hour shift schedule, i.e., night shift and day shift
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Exhibited customer service skills
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.