Processing Support Services Analyst - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing June 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Main Responsibilities for Production Support Services Analyst include:
- Monitors daily and month-end batch processing and daily and month-end reruns
- Executes first level problem determination
- Fixes system abends, when required
- Execution of management escalation communication
- Works towards managing delivery of services according to customer service level agreement
- Works both independently and with the team to complete the daily tasks and uses problem management and communication skills to resolve both customer and supplier related issues.
- Works on a rotating shift schedule, i.e., night shirt and day shift
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science (or related) program
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Willing to work on a rotating 12-hour shift schedule, i.e., night shift and day shift
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Exhibited customer service skills
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.