Performance Measurement & Analysis Developer -Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 12 or 16 (internship) month work term commencing May, 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The IBM Runtime Technologies team is looking to hire self-motivated software developers to join our Performance Measurement and Analysis(PMA) team. The PMA team oversees Java Just-In-Time (JIT) compiler performance monitoring and problem investigation for all Java releases on all IBM supported hardware platforms. We are also responsible for publishing official performance scores for each Java release.
An ideal candidate should be able to carry out sophisticated performance investigation on enterprise level products; comfortable with working on open-ended issues. You would have the opportunity to experience all aspects of a dynamic Java compiler development from a performance point of view. PMA team members routinely work alongside technical experts in Just-In-Time dynamic compiler development to optimize performance for languages like Java, Node.js, and Swift. The PMA team is in the process of adopting open-source development concept and experimenting compiler performance in the BlueMix Cloud environment.
The main responsibilities of the team include:
- Monitor performance automation farm weekly for any regression. Analyze and investigate any performance issues daily
- Work with different performance tools (kernel/application level) to analyze performance profile
- Develop and deliver new benchmarks to measure performance on new features of JIT
- Contribute to the new Jenkins based performance infrastructure and develop new features to meet performance analysis need
- Collaborate with research, development, and functional test teams situated across the globe to achieve better performance result for JIT compiler
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Proven problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Great verbal and written communications skills, fluent in English is mandatory
- Took at least 1 course in programming or OS
- Basic knowledge in open-source community development processes and tools
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Fluent English is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with computer architecture and operating systems
- Experience with C++/Java
- Experience in software debugging at system level
- Basic knowledge in compiler development
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.