Operational Architecture and Monitoring - Co-op (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This Student Position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 4 (co-op) month work term commencing September 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The following job responsibilities for Operational Architecture and Monitoring CO-OP include:
We are seeking innovative students looking for a full semester of challenge in an exciting and high paced environment. Your role will expose you to the entire software development and release process. As a Continuous Delivery Pipeline team member, you will contribute to the design, implementation, and test, deployment of new features, functions and integration points in FOPM Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on. The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate that they are able to learn and adapt to technologies, relationships and priorities quickly and smoothly.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Experience with Powershell or Python
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Understanding of software engineering
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.