OpenJ9 Software Developer - Coop (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Ottawa, ON and is a 4 (co-op) month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
You should be comfortable in an environment that is predominantly C and C++ based, but you should also show proficiency and willingness to go down to the assembly language level. Polyglot skills are an asset, as we work in a variety of dynamic scripting languages. You will be expected to contribute to performance analysis and tuning, as well as work with our customer support teams to assist with problem determination and delivering fixes. We have a team environment where work and design is collaborative, but also where individuals are expected to operate with a level of autonomy and responsibility that leads to quality software practices and delivering business results.
We deliver software the world runs on. Will you be a part of our team and help shape the future?
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Understanding of software engineering
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
A healthy combination of the following expertise is desired:
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Experience with C, C++, and/or Java
- Knowledge of assembly language programing
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.