New Collar Cybersecurity Analyst
As a Cyber Security Analyst new collar at IBM, you'll work in Security Operations Center where you will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge using the latest tools and technologies in supporting and preventing cyber threats for our clients. As Cyber Security Analyst new collar your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and audit client systems to ensure the protection of those systems, information resources, and data within
- Monitor, track, and analyze networks/systems for potential security violations/anomalies and respond to all such incidents
- Work with all teams to investigate potential security violations, respond, and report accordingly
- Perform continuous monitoring duties such as vulnerability assessments, manual configuration reviews, and event analysis.
- Conduct incident/event investigation and analysis and tests security products and systems to detect security weaknesses.
- Assess and detect network vulnerabilities.
- Maintain security system infrastructure.
- Maintain awareness of cyber trends, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Install, configure, deploy, integrate, operate and maintain security toolsets.
What is a new collar role?
It is a new IBM training program.
During the new collar program duration, you will be required to complete specific learning hours and on the job training that has been outlined to ensure you are developing the skills and competencies essential to the role. You will be able to learn and grow at your own pace, but we expect most new collars will complete their learning within 12 months. Once you graduate and receive your certificate from our new collar program, you will be eligible to apply to available full-time roles at IBM.
Who you are
Our program is about learning. We're seeking candidates who have the following requirements, but we know you're just getting your career started, and we're committed to helping you learn and grow. If you've had some experience with data analysis or simply working in a team oriented environment in the past, you're exactly the type of candidate we're looking for. To be successful, you need:
- Drive and eagerness to learn
- Ability to work independently, and in an efficient and organized manner
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting
- Knowledge or some experience in any one of the following:
- Operating Systems like Windows, Linux
- General networking and infrastructure fundamentals
- Cyber security fundamentals
- Perl, PHP, Python and/or other scripting languages
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian Security Level 2 Secret Clearance
What's the experience? As a new collar, you'll join with other new collars in a local cohort. You'll go through your first few weeks together, learning about IBM and the skills you'll be attaining throughout your program. Then, you'll work with your managers and mentors to progress through your personal skills roadmap, learning and demonstrating new knowledge and competencies through hands-on application with your project teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Note: This role requires an individual flexible for 24x7x365 shift rotation (including 12 hour shift requirement)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Canadian Security Level 2 Secret Cleared
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.