Multi-Vendor Support Network - Coop (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 4 month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The MVS Networking Support team provides hardware and software support for Multi-Vendor network systems including Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Lenovo.
The successful applicant will be an important part of this team by having responsibility for:
- Department workstation support - software and hardware installation, troubleshooting etc.
- LAN administration
- Security administration and compliance
- Monitoring of incoming high priority customer calls and escalating to the support staff immediately
- Department wiki and lotus notes database development and maintenance
- Department business operations involvement
- Additional projects as required
- Customer and team focus plus the ability to balance projects in a prioritized manner will be key attributes needed by the applicant.
This position will build on the networking and/or computer science knowledge of the student while providing an insight into daily business operations of the department.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Windows 7/10
- Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Office
- Networking skills
- PC hardware
- Software installation and configuration
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- LAN administration