Mobile Application Developer - Coop (Toronto, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 4 or 8 month work term commencing January 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Mobile Application Developer include:
We are seeking co-op students who will work with our mobile application development teams on innovative iPhone/Blackberry/Android mobile applications. The assigned student will be part of our team responsible for designing, developing, and implementing various mobile applications for our clients in travel and transportation, financial services, and other industries.
iOS Developer should have:
- Knowledge and experience creating iOS native application using Apple's Xcode development tools and major iOS frameworks using Objective-C and/or Swift
- Familiarity with Apple's device provisioning and developer portal as well as Instruments and the Xcode debugger
- Familiarity with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and App Store requirements
Android Developer should have:
- Knowledge and experience creating native Android application using Android development tools and major Android frameworks using Java
- Familiarity with Android application signing process, Android Debug Bridge (ADB) and Android Developer Tools (ADT).
- Familiarity with Android Design Guidelines and Google Play requirements
Hybrid Developer should have:
- You have development experience with hybrid technologies such as IBM MobileFirst (formerly Worklight), Apache Cordova
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Developer should have (General skills):
- You have experience developing rich mobile/web user interfaces, component and widgets
- You're analytical and you have strong problem determination skills.
- You're detail oriented, creative, resourceful and able to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application design
- You're a proven communicator and enjoy collaborating
- You take initiative, exhibit creative thinking, have the drive to turn ideas into reality, and have a passion for user experience
- You have experience with several different solution development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming)
- You have experience in server side technologies (J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, NodeJS, Python, PHP)
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.