Marketing Intern - Internship (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 12 or 16 (internship) month work term commencing September 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
IBM is seeking the next generation of creative individuals with a hunger for innovation and a passion for marketing to join our Marketing team.
As part of IBM Marketing, we think big, start small, and scale fast –and work beside some of the best agile development teams to bring our ideas to life. Marketing is leading the transformation to build cognitive businesses; it's where analytics, an agile mindset and design thinking are applied to create the next generation of tools and platforms for IBM marketers.
We are taking a data-driven approach to marketing that delights our clients and connects us to their unique perspectives. Applicants should be passionate about digital marketing, data, and analytics, and be ready to keep learning more as they step into their career at IBM. We are also looking for individuals with strong communications skills to assist in executive communications. We're on a journey to transform how marketers use digital technology; apply if you're ready to take that journey with us
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Extremely strong writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Approachable, engaging and driven
- Leadership and teamwork experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work well with executives, take in complex ideas quickly and translate them into clear language
- Ability to analyze and develop creative and innovative approaches
- Confidence to communicate and interact with professionals of all executive levels
- Independent learner
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Understanding of social media and other communications platforms
- Visual storytelling skills
- Interest in enterprise/ business to business technology solutions
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Pre-University Qualification