Junior Web Developer
IBM Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) software is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. This $850 million market continues to grow yearly and is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2022. Work with us, learn what it takes to be the leader in a competitive global software industry. ICM enables organizations to design, manage, and automate the calculation of variable payment for dozens of plans and thousands of employees simultaneously. From a technical point of view, ICM is a single-page web application that utilizes REST APIs. The REST API is backed by databases and a distributed compute engine.
As a junior web developer, you will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, data scientists, and business professionals. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work on new features targeted to increase market share, support existing clients to help make them successful and continuously refine the existing platform to meet modern design methodologies.
- Work with talented, knowledge-driven individuals. We are a close-knit team that is eager for new ideas. We embrace sharing our own knowledge and enriching each other’s experiences.
- Focus on client success through creative problem-solving.
- Utilize and adopt open source technology where appropriate.
- As a junior web developer, you can expect to have ownership on the component you work on. You will be exposed to new opportunities and can make an impact.
- Opportunity to rotate in and out of Cloud Operations, gaining exposure to that skillset
Our office building has direct underground access to the Sheppard-Yonge subway station, and has easy access to Highway 401 making it appeal to commuters from all over the GTA.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid understanding of Software Design fundamentals
- Strong communication skills. Willingness to convey ideas and able to work in a collaborative environment
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Preferred Degree on Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Proven experience with Rest API's and single-page web application development
- ReactJS experience
- Familiarity with continuous delivery and continuous integration
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.