The IBM Watson Health Imaging business unit is looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of IT-transformed healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life sciences organizations in every way. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation. This role will build upon your thirst for technology to provide the services and functions Watson Health requires using IBM Cloud.
Working with a small focused team, this position is an individual contributor role where, working under a social contract, you will be responsible for the delivery of part of a growing suite of artificial intelligence powered solutions.
- Implements secure, robust, scalable, testable, and serviceable solutions based upon system and software functional designs.
- Comply with the project’s software delivery processes and the quality system definitions.
- Identifying security, performance, and general misbehavior of implementations.
- Participates in the diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem areas.
- Provides solutions to problematic programming.
- Participate in the creation of technical documents software designs that describe the system’s intended behavior.
- Aids quality assurance and support personnel as necessary.
- Pursues a program of continuous self-development. Responds in a positive manner to mentoring.
- Abides to the social contract established by the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management
- Possess knowledge of continuous, global delivery of Java web applications and RESTful services.
- Understanding of pervasively used algorithms, data modeling and data consistency patterns.
- Competence with the entire web stack.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and consume standard software development collateral
- Experience with Node.js, MS, .NET, Apache Open Whisk and/or NoSQL storage would be an asset
- Experience working in a regulated environment, especially healthcare would be an asset.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1+ years experience with Java
- 1+ years experience working within an agile development process
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.