Junior C++ Distributed Software Developer
Are you passionate about technology? Do you love building new things? We are looking for talented engineers to join our team in Hybrid Data Management working on developing IBM's next generation of database and big data technologies on public and private cloud.
As a member of the team you will own the end-to-end development of specific components and features including design, implementation and verification following an agile software development methodology. Working alongside other outstanding engineers and leaders, you will play a key role in the delivery of enterprise grade data storage and analytics solutions delivering extreme scalability, reliability, and performance on the latest infrastructure.
To be successful in this role, you must have the aptitude to work within a fast moving, startup-like environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
An individual who is self motivated, an independent thinker, takes initiative, has strong communication skills and can work well in both local and global teams would ensure you excel in this role.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2+ years software engineering experience, preferred language C/C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
- Comfortable working on large scale software projects.
- Team player with ability to work in a fast paced agile development environment
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience developing high scale / high performance / high availability distributed systems
- Experience with database systems internals
- Experience with multi-threaded programming / concurrency
- Experience with linux systems programming and networking
- Experience working with Docker / Kubernetes a plus
- Experience working with GIT a plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.