IT Specialist - Internship (Markham, ON)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 12 (internship) month work term commencing September 2020. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
The IT Specialist will work directly with the SIS Order Management Team and other members within the SIS Application Delivery organization. The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Perform application configuration & testing on SIS applications including Order Processing and Management.
- Design, develop and document modifications to applications based on and related to user or system design specifications.
- Implement application changes using FIX
- Test new and modified application solutions
- Create test plans
- Perform assigned technical tasks including study, analysis, programming, product installation.
- Participate in, and/or be responsible for the creation, harvesting, protection, and reuse of IBM's intellectual capital
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Experience with SDLC
- Proven verbal and written communications skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Canadian Brokerage operations knowledge
- Financial Markets
- Knowledge of FIX protocol
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.