IT Specialist - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing June 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The IT Specialist will work directly with the SIS Order Management Team and other members within the SIS Application Delivery organization. The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Perform application configuration & testing on SIS applications including Order Processing and Management.
- Design, develop and document modifications to applications based on and related to user or system design specifications.
- Implement application changes using FIX
- Test new and modified application solutions
- Create test plans
- Perform assigned technical tasks including study, analysis, programming, product installation.
- Participate in, and/or be responsible for the creation, harvesting, protection, and reuse of IBM's intellectual capital.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Experience with SDLC
- Proven verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Canadian Brokerage operations knowledge
- Financial Markets
- Knowledge of FIX protocol
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.